Next up is the best short story category
Best Short Story
- “Breaking the Ice”, Thoraiya Dyer, in Cosmos 37
- “Alchemy”, Lucy Sussex, in Thief of Lives (Twelfth Planet Press)
- “The Last Gig of Jimmy Rucker”, Martin Livings and Talie Helene, in More Scary Kisses(Ticonderoga Publications)
- “All You Can Do Is Breathe”, Kaaron Warren, in Blood and Other Cravings (Tor)
- “Bad Power”, Deborah Biancotti, in Bad Power (Twelfth Planet Press)
- “The Patrician”, Tansy Rayner Roberts, in Love and Romanpunk (Twelfth Planet Press)
Again this is a highly competitive list. I have read half of it: Bad Power, The Patrician and Alchemy, and the rest of the finalists are all well known for quality work.
Thoraiya won an Aurealis with another short, Livings and Helene are well known and Kaaron Warren is almost omnipresent.
Out of those I have read and that appear above I think Bad Power possibly has the edge(my favourite Love and Romanpunk story didn’t make it).
PS Don’t forget to vote
Did you enjoy this review? Would you like to read more? You can subscribe to the blog through a reader,by Email or Follow me on twitter.