Apr 4, 2012

Locus Digitisation project reaches target

locusat what must seem like the speed of light. 

I was perusing my twitter feed from this morning and noted that Jonathan Strahan of Coode Street had tweeted that the Kickstarter project to digitise Locus Magazine’s collection of photos and ephemera was underway and at about 58% funded.

Twenty eight minutes ago the target was overrun with donations and now Locus are considering other worthwhile projects.

As far as I can tell the Kickstarter was launched yesterday and completed today, that’s around $10,000 raised in 48 hours.

In the current economic climate, I think that speaks volumes for speculative fiction fandom and the high esteem in which Locus Magazine is held.

You can check out the project here.


Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to read more? You can subscribe to the blog through a reader,by Email or Follow me on twitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...