Jan 1, 2012

Obligatory end of year post

shot_1324173000391Well time’s running  run out to do the obligatory end of year reflection.  So here it is on January 1st 2012:

Highlights of 2011

Offline:

  • Survived another year of relief teaching – not quite sure how many more I have in me.
  • Met several authors who I admire in person at Supanova –Rowena Daniells, Marianne de Pierres, Kylie Chan, Trent Jamieson and Ian Irvine 
  • Met my new nephew, who will I am sure grow into a fantastic speculative fiction fan.
  • Wrote 40,000+ words of my first novel
  • Helped restore my house to its 1891 glory

Online:

  • Conducted two recorded interviews for Galactic Chat with Kelley Armstrong and Ian Irvine
  • Recovered from a blog hacking of my word press version of this blog
  • Read 73 books and reviewed 60 of them.
  • Achieved 25,000 hits for the blogging year.
  • Guest posted for the ROR blog.
  • Wrote a Feminism 101 blog in which I didn’t sound like an idiot
  • Got linked to by Neil Gaiman
  • Grew my subscribers & held my first giveaway

Blog Stats

25,800 page views

Most popular post = A response to Dmetri Kakmi with 302 views

Most readers came from the United States, followed by Australia, then the UK

 

Tentative 2012  Goals

  • Finish Draft 1 of  The Axeman’s Daughter
  • Have 2 short stories published
  • Conduct more recorded interviews
  • Go to Adelaide Writers Week
  • Go to Supanova
  • Continue to raise profile of Australian specfic authors (with focus on women)
  • Read and interview some South East Asian specfic authors


Did you enjoy this end of year review? Would you like to read more? You can subscribe to the blog through a reader,by Email or Follow me on twitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...