Aug 24, 2012

King Rolen’s Kin continues

Rowena72dpiLong time readers will know of my totally biased adoration of the work of Rowena Cory Daniells.
 
That being said if you are a fan of fast paced epic fantasy go out and buy her books right now. Buy them in bulk because, like good chocolate you can’t stop at one.


Hitting the Sweet Spot

Rowena is one those writers that seems to hit the sweet spot.  This is not to say that there aren’t authors out there that aren’t as good, but Rowena is a member of a club of writers that I know as soon as I pick up the book I will lose all sense of time, I will simply read only surfacing for food and the threat of divorce. 
She’s joined in that club by Barry Eisler who’s thriller fiction has the same affect on me. Both take me back to teenage years when I’d be nearly comatose in English lessons because I had spent all night reading the latest David Gemmell.

Get to the point Sean

The series that started it off for me, King Rolen’s Kin, is going to receive another book.  Here’s the announcement from Rowena:
Here’s the official Press Release:
Jonathan Oliver, commissioning editor of Solaris Books, has commissioned a new novel by  Australian fantasy writer Rowena Cory Daniells.  The agent is John Jarrold, and the deal is for World English Language rights. The book is due for publication at the end of 2013.[read on]
Astute readers will note that this book is in addition to the trilogy that Rowena has coming out this year – The Outcast Chronicles. 
So in the time I have been book blogging (2 years) she’s released two trilogies, a crime novel and has another book green lighted.
I doffs me hat to her and thank her for providing the fans with such enthralling stories.
 

Reviews and Interviews

Rowena was kind enough to be interviewed as part of my Authors and Social media series last year.  I reviewed The King’s Bastard here, and Besieged last fortnight. 

I have received in the mail today Exile and her new crime novel The Price of Fame from Clan Destine Press. 

So I may need medical attention this week.

Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to read more? You can subscribe to the blog through a reader,by Email or Follow me on twitter.




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...