Aug 3, 2012

Bad book covers are not limited to self publishing

My library has been thinning out the collection in preparation for changing over to a centralised all-in-one state system.  There’s been a few gems that I have picked up as a result.  Some Arthur Upfield’s for my mother and a very nice faux leather bound edition of The Invisible Man.

But this one I just had to bring home so I could show you my dear reader.  Witness the ‘horribleness’ of this version of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s The Lost World.

2012-08-03 09.54.31

Yes that is a toy dinosaur, in a bed of sand with some plastic aquarium fronds.  I can actually see the mold lines on the dinosaur.

Bonus points if you can guess the decade it was published in.  I can’t for the life of me think why they thought that this cover was better than the cloth cover that it conceals.


Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to read more? You can subscribe to the blog through a reader,by Email or Follow me on twitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...