Aug 20, 2012

Cloud Atlas = interesting

I had heard the name, but not made any connection to Speculative Fiction (the problem for writers of the future is not getting published it’s getting noticed).  No it took a movie trailer to clue me in.

The film looks gorgeous and features a stellar cast. Cloud Atlas is directed the Wachowski’s  of Matrix fame and, Tom Tykwer. It’s been adapted from David Mitchell’s multi award winning science fiction novel of the same name.

Have a gander:

I am not sure if it will hit my taste buds.  It has an underlying, stripped down, nebulous, buddhist-lite feel to it. Where the audience will nod their head and go “it’s like Karma man". 

But its genesis is in a good sci-fi novel so we’ll see.


Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to read more? You can subscribe to the blog through a reader,by Email or Follow me on twitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...