Feb 3, 2013

Post-it note poetry–Burnt

photoJodi Cleghorn and Adam Byatt have got a post-it note poetry thang going on for the month of February. 

So yes, poor reader, I am going to inflict bad poetry on you.  The rules are that it must fit on a post it note and ability and skill are optional. 

Unfortunately I have no post-its at my disposal so you’ll just have to imagine my underdeveloped handwriting on paper and make do with the pixels.

So here’s my first, get your rotten tomatoes ready.

Burnt

Burnt.

A hint of smoke

wafting on gentle breeze.

Gum and wattle share a funeral pyre.

Summer.

My Apologies.

FYI – Time taken to construct 5 minutes arranging words, 10 minutes thinking about them while hanging the first load of washing.

EDIT: Post it and penwork provided by Jodi Cleghorn

 


Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to read more? You can subscribe to the blog through a reader,by Email or Follow me on twitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...