Nov 23, 2011

Library Loot – November 23 to 29

badge-4Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

This week it’s hosted by Claire(where you will find the linky).


manningWell despite having worked full time this week I managed to squeeze in a trip to the library(it’s at the same school I teach).  While waiting for my wife to pick me up I got roped into culling the autobiography and history sections .  The downside was an hour of unpaid work the upside first crack at the deleted books.

So loot for this week included a Two volume set of the Encyclopaedia of Aboriginal Australia, The Angus and Robertson concise Australian Encyclopaedia and Manning Clarks’ A Short History of Australia. 

laneBut the real gem was Jane Austen’s World by Maggie Lane, which sadly had never been borrowed.

I also checked out the new releases at my online library and downloaded:

A Science Fiction Omnibus by Brian Aldiss. Just for some good old fashioned science fiction shorts.

Atrocitology by Mathew White.  I am a bit of a history buff so interesting angles on old facts get me excited.

atrociLittle Star by John Ajvide Lindqvist.  Really liked Let the Right One In but this is supposedly not supernatural horror, more murder mystery.

The Kraken Wakes by John Wyndham becasue I find him easy to read and not out of touch with the 21st century as much as someone who wrote in the 50’s might be thought to be.

Triptych by Krissy Keen because this book is supposed to be challenging, and I think I can take it.


Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to read more? You can subscribe to the blog through a reader,by Email or Follow me on twitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...